2020학년도 Microsoft Research Asia PhD Fellowship 신청 안내(~6/30 까지)
Welcome to apply for the 2020 Microsoft Research Asia Fellowship Program!
The Microsoft Research Asia Fellowship Program identifies the next generation of research leaders through a unique program that offers a combination of mentorship, research, networking, and academic opportunities to promising young candidates. Since its inception in 1999, the program has attracted over one thousand PhD candidates from top universities in the Asia-Pacific region, and 429 outstanding PhD students have been awarded the Microsoft Research Asia Fellowship honor. Fellows have gone on to become prominent researchers and influential individuals in academia and industry.
Fellows earn more than a simple scholarship; they enjoy long-term close engagement with Microsoft Research Asia, one of the leading computer science research labs in the world.
Provisions of the award
– Cash awards of $10,000 USD
– Guaranteed, but not required three-month internship at Microsoft Research Asia.
– Opportunity to attend Microsoft academic conferences in computer science in the Asia-Pacific region.
– At the discretion of Microsoft Research Asia, advisors of fellows might be invited to participate in collaborative research projects and academic exchange events.
– Applicants must attend a university in Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Mainland China, Singapore, or Taiwan, and do research work that relates to computing topics in which Microsoft Research is concerned with.
– According to the definition of the normative period of PhD program of the applicants’ university and region, the applicant must graduate in 2022 or later. The applicants and their advisors would be asked for supporting documents if needed.
– Microsoft Research Asia Fellowship Committee owns the final interpretation of above clauses.
How to apply
– The 2020 Microsoft Research Asia Fellowship application period closes on June 30, 2020
– PhD students must apply directly for the scholarship via online application tool
– Materials required: 1) application form; 2) Curriculum vitae; 3) Research Statement; 4) At least two letters of reference.
For more detailed requirements on “How to Apply”, and more information on Eligibility criteria, Award provisions, and Program timeline, please kindly visit 2020 MSRA Fellowship homepage: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/research/academic-program/fellowships-microsoft-research-asia/
Should you have any questions, please email the program committee via email firstname.lastname@example.org .