옥정슬 교수 부임
포스텍 컴퓨터공학과에 옥정슬 교수님이 8월26일자로 부임합니다.
옥정슬 교수님은 기계학습이론을 바탕으로한 다양한 시스템 및 알고리즘을 연구 및 개발 해왔으며, 강화학습 및 그래프 모형, 소셜 네트워크, 무선 네트워크 등에 걸친 다양한 분야의 연구를 진행하고 있습니다.
관심있는 학생들의 많은 지원 바랍니다. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Biography: Jungseul Ok is an assistant professor in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at POSTECH, Pohang, South Korea. He completed Ph.D program in School of Electrical Engineering at Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea, under the supervision of Prof. Yung Yi and Prof. Jinwoo Shin. After graduation, he worked with Prof. Alexandre Proutiere and Prof. Sewoong Oh as a postdoctoral researcher, respectively, in School of Electrical Engineering at KTH, Stockholm, Sweden, and Paul G. Allen School of Computer Science & Engineering, University of Washington, WA, US.
Research Topic: His research focus is understanding and improving practical systems based on theoretical model and analysis, where the systems of particular interest associate with graphical representations, e.g., Markov decision process, neural/wireless/social networks, and crowdsourcing system. Here are some keywords:
- * Reinforcement Learning – Markov decision process, multi-armed bandit, structured reinforcement learning
- * Learning in Graphical Model – crowdsourced classification, belief propagation, correlation decay
- * Deep neural network – algorithmic regularization, deep reinforcement learning
- * Social network – strategic diffusion, influence maximization, Ising model, hitting time analysis
- * Wireless Network – rate adaptation for 802.11n/ac, network virtualization